Saturday, October 4, 2014

Sunday Stamps #190

It is a cool, gray day here in the American Midwest.  It's Saturday night and time for Sunday Stamps.


Our theme for this week is se-tenant stamps.  I have this set from Russia, where the design is subtle but does pass from stamp to stamp:


This 2011 set commemorates something about the postal service, but beyond that I am lost.  I was excited to see these on a Postcrossing postcard however!

I was also excited to see 13 people join Sunday Stamps last week.  Everyone is welcome to share stamp related posts this week.

Theme next week: Anything you wish.
Theme week after that: Country life/harvest/Autumn (by suggestion).

Andrea


4 comments:

Joy said...

The stamps are for the 300th anniversary of the Moscow Head Post Office. I notice the one on the right looks to be featuring Russia's first stamp which I always think was one of the finest of its type.

Unknown said...

I love se-tenant stamps. They are always special and detailed. Your stamp about the Russian post is great. It is very beautiful. I always enjoy stamps about post-history.

Bob Scotney said...

Glad you mentioned the 13 from last week - I had to go back and check those I missed.
Two fine Russian stamps.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I'm sorry I missed so many people last week. Real life has come to the fore with a vengeance!

Your Russian stamps are very attractive. I don't believe I've seen them before.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails